Happiest of Birthdays to…Not Who You Think!
posted by EC Stacey
MY FABULOUS SISTER, “Steve”!
I know that today is the hallowed day that Isabella Marie Swan was born. Except, Isabella Maria Swan is not real. She’s a character in Twilight. However, there is someone who was born today that is pretty fantastic and she’s real. So here is the top reasons my sister, “Steve” (her super heroine name) is cooler than the fictional Bella.
1. “Steve” doesn’t stumble through life like Bella. Or for that matter, stumble over curbs, logs or the occasionally thin air. (That would be me.)
2. “Steve” is getting a doctorate AND running a non-profit. Bella just wants to get changed into the undead. Priorities, Bella, priorities!
3. While Bella runs around in over sized flannels and dirty converse, “Steve” rocks in Anthropologie and Banana Republic! (And teeth shirts, which is odd and somewhat Cullen approved.)
4. Bella only cares for Edward, while “Steve” does great things for her friends, family and the clients of her non-profit.
5. “Steve” has a cool husband who takes great photographs and doesn’t creepily watch her sleep. (at least I hope not.)
6. Bella sits arounds mooning over Wuthering Heights and Edward, while “Steve” runs around doing millions of actually important things.
7. “Steve” is a talented artist. Bella…umm…might be able to cook fish.
So I ask all of you to wish “Steve” the happiest of birthdays!